Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013 - The day we recuperated again....

Today we all woke up at the normal times, but I was not feeling very good, so I went right back to bed after ordering and eating some breakfast.  Eli and I slept for a couple of hours, and once he woke up, I stayed in bed to sleep some more.  I think it was just a flu thing.  Eli and Hilary had lunch while I slept.  Once I woke up, we put Eli down for a nap.  Once he was down for a nap, I went and had a bath, while Hilary crocheted.  We thank our friends for bringing some wool for her to use.  She has spent a great deal of time working her way through the stuff that was brought.  She made a little ball for Eli to throw around the room, and a little sweater for him to put on his stuffed monkey, and he has loved it.
Chico, his new sweater and a new little ball to play with!
After my bath, Eli had already woken up, so we made the decision to go for a walk and buy some shoes for him (he had outgrown the ones we had brought), get some groceries and buy some supper.  We came back to the guesthouse, had supper, and played a bit with Eli, and then put him to sleep at his normal time.

We all enjoyed a super duper rain storm.  It rained harder than I can remember ever seeing.  There was a thunderstorm as well.  It was fun to see.
The menacing storm clouds approach.
All in all, it was a good relaxing day.  We hope that tomorrow will come and all of us will feel a bit better.

These days, it is getting more and more difficult out here... We are very much looking forward to coming home soon.  It would be very emotionally devastating if our expectations are not met, and our visa coming in the time we are expecting.  So please pray this week as we wait for news that our visa is in or at least a timetable as to when we can expect it.  Thank you again everyone for your prayers and support.

2 comments:

  1. I think of the two of you often throughout the day and pray that the visa comes SOON. I struggle with being homesick when I'm away and can only begin to imagine what you're dealing with so you're very close to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys, yup, also praying for a quick return. I know those feelings of isolation and loneliness when you feel so far away from everything and everyone and all locations, food, etc that are familiar. It's such a wierd feeling, I'm sure especially when you are already dealing with such big changes in your family life! I just caught up on a few entries; you two are such strong parents!; wow, it must be so challenging to deal with the emotions and tantrums, to not be able to understand exactly what's going on and be able to fix it immediately. I know you were prepared for these challenges, and I'm sure you don't 'feel' strong, but God is giving you the strength and developing in you the gifts and purposes for the parents he created you to be; amazing, and I'm praying for strength and understanding, rest and peace as you work together and wait together. Waiting does suck, I'm sorry, it's tough. God hears your struggles, his eye is on you, every day he carries you in his hand, holds your hand, counts your tears, and he never sleeps because he is constantly watching out for you and working for your good. Sending lots of love! Can't wait to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete